About the Role
*Remote Option Available: candidate must reside in or be able to commute to the physical office from one of the following cities - Boston, Dallas, Houston, Miami, New York, Princeton, Silicon Valley, or Washington, D.C.
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Manager of Financial Systems, this Engineer will work directly with managers and users to support and further automate the financial systems within the firm. This individual will work with the IS department staff to provide support for the Finance users. The focus of this position will be assisting with ongoing development, integration, support, testing and maintenance of Thompson Elite 3E and other Finance department applications.
Primary Responsibilities and/or Essential Functions:
- Act as technical resource for Financial Systems both within the group and the CIS department by gaining solid knowledge of the Elite 3E application, SQL table structures and IDE customization tool. Build expertise and share knowledge with Financial Systems.
- Responsible for development deliverables of Elite 3E customizations (forms, inquiries, reports, metrics, etc.) with quality and consistent integration between key financial applications. Document customization solutions.
- Support and maintain on-going development of the Finance website working with other developers.
- Provide architectural solutions for various customizations of Elite 3E application. Actively work with the business community on understanding the business requirements and either utilize the existing application functionality or develop custom solutions to support business requirements.
- Analyze and work with users and Financial Systems developers on the impact of vendor software upgrades.
- Project Management - create, track and update all Elite 3E customization and New Finance Web project tasks. Inform the department and management in a timely manner of project status, issues and proposed resolutions.
- Research and evaluate new technologies to improve current application processes.
- Utilize tools to protect application source code, and maintain versioning.
- Work on various projects as assigned by Senior Manager of Financial Systems.
- Any additional responsibilities as required by management.
Knowledge Skills and Ability:
- Expert level understanding of the SQL systems environment.
- Experience working with accounting software required, experience with Elite 3E preferred.
- Ability to learn table structures within accounting system.
- Act as a Project Manager for Finance projects whenever required.
- Self-motivated person with excellent time management skills.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to communicate results.
- In-depth technical skills and familiarity with financial systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to communicate with staff of varying technical expertise.
- Ability to learn general functional and technical aspects of the firm’s Finance applications.
- Proficiency in Elite Application Framework and Tools, including the IDE, Reports Designer and Utilities
- Proficiency in Crystal Reports Designer and Reports/Templates development
- Proficiency in XML/XSLT transformation
-Proficiency in SQL development, SSRS, SSIS, MSAS, BI Tools, Experience with ASP.NET/HTML/CSS development
- Thorough understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (SLDC)
- Knowledge of C# and Visual Basic .Net programming
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science