About the Role
Implement/enforce IS security policies, standards, and methodologies. Assist in evaluation of security solutions.
- Active TS/SCI with Full Scope Polygraph
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline is required.
- DoD 8570 compliance with IAM Level I or higher required.
Full Job Description
Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) Level 2 BDS
Location: Columbia, MD
Clearance: Active TS/SCI with FS Polygraph
- Ten (10) years’ as an ISSO on programs of similar scope, type, and complexity.
- Experience in at least two (2) of the following AREAS:
- Knowledge of current security tools, HW/SW security implementation
- Communication Protocols
- Encryption techniques/tools
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline is required.
- DoD 8570 compliance with Information Assurance Management (IAM) Level I or higher is required.
- Implement/enforce IS security policies, standards, and methodologies.
- Assist in evaluation of security solutions.
- Assist with Configuration Management for IS security SW, HW, and firmware.
- Assist with preparation and maintenance of documentation.
- Maintain records, to include system updates.
- Evaluate security solutions to ensure they meet security requirements for processing classified information.
- Propose, coordinate, implement, and enforce info systems security policies, standards, and methodologies.
- Maintain operational security posture for an IS/program.
- Maintain appropriate operational IA posture for a system, program or enclave.
- Develop/maintain C&A documentation.
- Develop/update system security plan and other IA documentation.
- Provide CM for security-relevant IS SW, HW, and firmware.
- Assist with management of security aspects of IS and perform day-to-day security operations.
- Develop system security policy and ensure compliance.
- Administer user identification and authentication mechanism of IS.
- Plan/coordinate IT security programs and policies.
- Manage/control and assess impact of changes to security systems.
- Obtain C&A for info systems.
- Provide support for program, organization, system, or enclave IA program.
- Serve as Approval Authority for ISs.
Domain Area Requirements:
- Three (3) years’ demonstrated experience in Computer Network Operations, Protection Level (PL) 3 high/high solutions utilizing Layer 2 to Layer 7