About the Role
Location: Ft. Meade, MD
Clearance: ACTIVE TS/SCI with FS Poly
- Four (4) years of experience in microelectronics design, analog or digital logic design, semiconductor and integrated circuit quality assurance, or materials science/fabrication.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or the Physical Sciences.
- In lieu of a Bachelor’s Degree, four (4) additional years of experience (8 years total) may be substituted.
Optimize Printed Wiring Board (PWB) population processes used in the microelectronic manufacturing of a Printed Wiring Assembly (PWA). Ensure processes are staying within the process limits and are not drifting out of specifications. Coordinate day-to- day operations of tools related to PWB population including solder paste handling, component placement, automatic/visual inspections, X-Ray inspections, troubleshooting product, and reworking components.
- Develop and troubleshoot Microelectronic processes for automated tools.
- Rework PWA’s using rework stations and soldering equipment.
- Interpret X-Ray images to verify proper connections and to troubleshoot issues.
- Prioritize/schedule incoming jobs taking into account preparation and run times.
- Program and monitor Microelectronic tool set.
- Maintain tool set within operational specifications.
- Manage and inform Microelectronics team on changes to the tool set and on delivery commitments to the customer.