About the Role
DAS is looking for a System Engineer (VDI) for either Fort Meade, MD or Bolling AFB (VA).
In this role, a typical day will include:
- Engineering, Designing, testing, implementing, maintaining, securing, and full life-cycle management of the complex Citrix XenDesktop and NetScaler solutions deployed in the large Enterprise environment
- Designing and supporting Microsoft infrastructure solutions including Azure Virtual Desktop, on-prem, cloud and hybrid
- Interacting with Government regarding technical considerations for problems, issues, or conflicts
- Engineering, implementing, mitigating, monitoring, and tuning VDI environment and management software to obtain Authorize To Operate (ATO) for new VDI solutions
- Managing Citrix products (Virtual Apps, Virtual Desktops, ADC, Provisioning)
- Operating and executing scripting skills in PowerShell or Python
- Providing Tier 3 and above support as needed (troubleshooting, problem resolution support, and Root - Cause Analysis (RCA))
- Preparing and maintaining documentation for VDI solutions, processes, and procedures related to engineering projects.
What you’ll need:
- Active TS/SCI clearance and ability to obtain and maintain a CI poly
- Must meet DoD 8570 IAT Level II requirements including one of the following: Security+ CE, CND, SSCP, GSEC, GICSP, CySA+, or CCNA Security.
- Education: Bachelor of Science Degree, or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience
- Minimum of 8 years related experience
- Experience performing engineering work associated with the design, development, maintenance, and testing of infrastructure for desktop application packaging and deployment technologies
- Knowledge of Citrix XenApp, AppLayering, and/or Enterprise Layer Manager (ELM)
- Hands-on experience with SQL Clustering Failover
- Knowledge of cloud, networking, and enterprise architectures
- Expertise in the Windows 10 area – Standard Operating Environment (SOE), imaging, evergreen, etc.
- CWS-215: Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7 Administration On-Premises and in Citrix Cloud
- Managing Modern Desktops (MD-101)
- Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops (1Y0-312)